Group Commercial Manager
Ken Bowness is CPC Engineering’s Group Commercial Manager. He has over 40 years’ experience in all aspect of project management, particularly in procurement and contract management including the preparation of contractual and technical procedures, and systems.
He has worked on projects with a variety of commodities including gold, nickel, zinc, copper, lead, tin, iron ore, graphite, rare minerals and grain, as well as infrastructure development. Some of the projects with which he has been involved include:
- Gold: Tropicana gold project, Granny Smith gold mine, Cowal gold project, Kalgoorlie Superpit, Telfer gold project, Macraes gold mine, Granites gold project, St. Ives gold mine, Sunrise Dam gold mine, Carosue gold mine, Plutonic gold mine, Boddington gold mine and Gawalia gold mine extension
- Base metals and other: DeGrussa copper project, Hemerdon tin project, Extension Hill hematite project, Gorgon project, Angas zinc project and Emily Ann project, Worsley alumina project
- Graphite: Balama graphite project
- Grain: CBH – Esperance, Southern region, Kwinana
- Infrastructure – Southern Ports Authority, Woodside Energy, Bunbury Port, DBGP
- Nickel: Lake Johnston operations, Ravensthorpe nickel operations and Windarra nickel project
Ken holds a Bachelor of Science (Hons) – Civil from the University of Salford in the UK and has worked in Australia, UK, Ghana and Tanzania. He joined CPC in 2012.