General Manager Operation
B.Eng (Mech, Honours,) MIEAust, CPEng and NER (Mechanical Engineering, Leadership and Management)
David has extensive years of engineering and management experience both within Australia and internationally (Africa, Asia, South America). He has worked on a range of commodities including gold, copper, lead, zinc, alumina, lithium, iron ore, coal and grain.
His expertise covers the restructuring of engineering design offices for greater efficiency and assembling industry leading teams to meet project requirements. He has significant experience in the management of engineering design packages to ensure that time, quality and cost targets are being met whilst maintaining a strong constructability focus. David has multidiscipline exposure and strong technical understanding in statutory mining regulations and national standards, such as, AS, ADG, ANSI/ASME, SABS, IEC, ISO, BS and others.
David has worked for high profile engineering and construction companies such as Sedgman, Civmec and Primero, in Engineering Management roles prior to joining CPC in 2019.
Relevant projects include:
- Gold: Mungari gold project, Coyote gold mine leach tank upgrade
- Base Metals: FQM Cobre Ancillary Crushing, Boseto Copper 3Mt/a, Guelb Moghrein 3.8 Mt/a expansion project and tailing regrind upgrade
- Iron Ore: BHP Jimblebar PC3, FMG Solomon B60 project
- Bauxite/Alumina: Alcoa Kwinana filtration facility, Pinjarra filtration facility
- Coal: UHG coal handling plant phase 1